Skilled communicator with over 10 years experience in customer service, writing and editing publications, managing and coordinating programs.
- MS in Professional Writing with experience planning, coordinating, and implementing educational programs.
- Skilled writer and editor of reports, presentations, and marketing materials utilizing traditional and digital publishing tools.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively provide information to a diverse population.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with community partners to deliver government funded programs and services.
Portland State University, Portland, OR
- June 2007 — Master of Science in Writing
4.0 GPA with an emphasis in Book Publishing and Book Marketing
- June 2000 — Bachelor of Arts English Literature, Arts and Letters
Fort Vancouver Regional Library District, Vancouver, WA: 2014 – Present
- Unpack new book shipments, process paperwork and verify items received.
- Compare books to their database entries; assign item record categories to books.
- Process books for library use.
- Allocate books among 12 branches according to rules set by Collection Development Librarians.
Senior Library Assistant
- Develop and implement children’s programming in conjunction with the Youth Services Department.
- Engage with local community members; provide exceptional service to patrons.
- Supervise teen volunteers; perform acting person in charge duties as needed.
- Assist patrons in the use of library technology.
- Create social media content to promote branch events; construct on site displays to promote library materials.
- Act as a representative of Fort Vancouver Regional Library to the public through outreach work in schools and at other community events.
Public Service Assistant
- Utilizing knowledge of FVRL’s collection, programs, and policies to assist patrons with a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Acting as a representative of FVRL to the public, understanding and implementing rules and regulations in the context of public policy framework.
Self-Employed: 2012 – Present
Freelance Writer, Marketing, and Social Media Consultant
- Directed and coordinated marketing and communications strategies for clients.
- Implemented marketing plan for poetry anthology published by Street Roots that resulted in a feature news story and radio interview.
- Designing, writing and maintaining client blogs and websites.
Turtle Island Foods, Hood River, OR: 2009 – 2012
Marketing and Donations Coordinator
- Prioritized and performed a wide variety of administrative, technical, and clerical tasks with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines.
- Drafted meeting agendas, prepared timely and accurate minutes of meetings.
- Scheduled and set up meetings with business partners by arranging for food, setting up presentation space, and providing materials for cooking demos as needed.
- Analyzed public opinion through creation of custom customer contact reports.
- Oversaw the creation, editing, and coordination of sales and marketing publications.
- Administrative support of sales team through the coordination of travel arrangements; preparing and shipping product samples and sales materials.
- Coordinated the planning and implementation of charity donation program; tracked expenses and tax deductible contributions.
- Coordinated and managed trade shows and other special events, including travel arrangements and accommodations.
Amber Lotus Publishing, Portland, OR: 2007 – 2008
- Wrote, edited, and designed effective marketing materials that resulted in radio interviews and features in key bookselling publications.
- Researched marketing and advertising opportunities.
- Organized trade shows and book launches.
- Coordinated and managed special projects with outside authors and freelancers.
Ooligan Press at Portland State University, Portland, OR: 2006 – 2007
- Provided leadership in the planning of new book marketing.
- Trained and managed new members; delegated workload.
- Wrote and edited effective marketing materials.
- Organized readings and book launches.
- Researched marketing opportunities and media contacts.
Timber Press, Portland, OR: 2006
- Mailed review copies and contacted reviewers.
- Coordinated speaking engagements.
- Maintained publicity review archives and database.
- Wrote and updated web content.
Popular Music Board at Portland State University, Portland, OR: 2006-2007
- Recruited, and directly supervised two employees.
- Researched performers and performance spaces; negotiated and wrote contracts.
- Produced two sold-out concerts of nationally touring acts at outside venues.
ASPIRE Program Hood River High School, Hood River, OR: 2001-2002
- Mentored high school students on post-secondary education opportunities.
- Recruited and trained community volunteers.
- Creating marketing materials and made public presentations to promote the ASPIRE program.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Google Docs, Drive, Meet, and Gmail
- WordPress and Drupal CMS
- HTML & CSS
- Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter